Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hey Miss Snark...Come On..Give A Look This-A-Way....(A Little More To Your Left Please)

Well I'll be danged! Knocked my socks right off of me! Jaw dropped! Scratching head! And a long Sheeeeeeeeeeshhhhhhhhhhhh...

Over at Miss Snark's blog I read a post which I thought at first to be oh-so-typical Snark humor. The ole' Snarkipoo Tongue and Cheek stuff. You know, the posts where Her Holiness adopts that quiet, serious tone to see how many of us will drop our underwear when we get to the punch line.

But OH MY GOD! There was no punch line. In a post entitled "Web Sites", I thought Miss Snark had finally packed it in. Gone bonkers! Bazoodis! Off the deep end!

But NO. "NO" she says. "I am serious. Author's web sites are really important. I google for them. I skim them." She says and I quote:
"I look at author's websites ALL the time now. This is probably one of the biggest changes in my business practices in the last two years. Previously you couldn't have dragged me to a site unless you offered cash AND pictures of Mr. Clooney. Now I'm all over them practically before the ink is dry on your query letter. (High speed access and a speedy little computer are the reasons.)"

"I look for what's not mentioned as well as what is."
Well don't that take a bite out of my baseball cap!

Here I am, with a collection of short stories, "Ancient Tales, Modern Legends", really trying to figure out just how to get Miss Snark to read just one of the stories, and voila, all I need is a web site and my blogs! (Links to the blogs, dear reader, including this one are at the end of this genius post!)

Woohoo! The battle has been won. Especially since I seriously do fall into this category as the venerable Miss Snark writes:
"I pay particular attention to the websites for authors querying me if they've had previous books or they are changing agents."
Now the only thing I need to do is to figure out how to get Miss Snark over to this Blog and my web site to read all about me!

I GOT IT! I know how to get Miss Snark to come see my blogs and my web site! Yes. Genius finally strikes in all its glory!

If this does not attract Miss Snark's attention and makes her my Literary Agent forever and ever, then I don't know what will:





I really need this Miss Snark. Come on take a look! I am published too with some really great short stories to boot (hey if you don't believe me just go over to The Deepening for starters (which meets with your criteria by the way!) Or google my name. I love it when people google my name. Gives me the fuzzies.

NO NOT OVER THERE, MISS SNARK.
STOP LOOKING AT ALL THOSE PICTURES OF CLOONEY.
WILL YOU FOCUS PLEASE?
LOOK OVER HERE!

A BIT TO YOUR LEFT,
NOW RIGHT.
NOW.....ZOOM IN!

Posted On: Cobwebs Of The Mind

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen



4 comments:

Kay said...

Laughing my you-know-what off. I posted about Miss Snark today myself. Oh, and I must say, it wasn't very nice. (slaps hand)
Like she would ever read my blog.
(nearly dies laughing)
Write on dear friend.
--kay

Kay said...

Laughing my you-know-what off. I posted about Miss Snark today myself. Oh, and I must say, it wasn't very nice. (slaps hand)
Like she would ever read my blog.
(nearly dies laughing)
Write on dear friend.
--kay

Ted Gross said...

We aim to please!

Paula and Elwood's Poetic Palace said...

GEORGE CLOONEY (am I drooling yet)

Miss Snark is one smart lady. Most women would do anything for George.
Congrats on the new story on TD I have in next in line to read. If it is like your other work, I am sure it will be awesome.

Love your sense of humor mixed with sincerity.
I am flashing your !Help. I Have a Fire in My Kitchen! blog to everyone.