Sunday, February 04, 2007

Love In A Cafe

Since I have been really busy the posts in Cobwebs Of The Mind went to nil again. My apologies. Writing, family, work and life intruded in December but I really do hope things are back to semi-normal. Plus the nomination of my other blog, Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen, in the Seventh Annual Weblog Awards (Bloggies) as one of the 5 finalists for the best food weblog - kind of kept me busy. Well voting is over over at the bloggies, and I want to thank everyone who took the time to vote for Help! I Have A Fire In My Kitchen.

You all know how I love posters, especially the posters from Despair.com which I use in my Writer Despair Series. Well, I have come across some really great posters for writing as well. (If you wish to purchase it or view other posters just click below on the picture or on the link below it.) From time to time I will post them here on in the sidebar.

The poster below, especially Rule #8 was something that played into my life recently.

The Only 12 1/2 Writing Rules You'll Ever Need

The Only 12 1/2 Writing Rules You'll Ever Need Poster
Buy at AllPosters.com

Another story of mine, entitled, "Love In A Cafe" was just released over at The Deepening. After I wrote this story for one of the few times I actually allowed a few people to read it. I was amazed at most of the reactions. You see I set about to actually write a "fun" story and that is how "Love In A Cafe" came about. At the time I wrote it I was just not in the "head mood" for some deep story with deep meaning. Nor did I want to try and get a "point" across. I just wanted to let the reader enjoy, of course there is a twist in the story, but nevertheless enjoy. I had a great time writing it.

But the reactions of my pre-readers before it was published astounded me, especially since some of them were kind of vehement. "Where is your passion and pathos that is in all the other stories?" "Where is the message?" some of them wrote back.

Upon expressing my thoughts that I just wanted to produce an "enjoyable" read, some of these readers told me that before they read my stories, they take a deep breath and get ready for a "wild ride on a roller coaster of emotions". One actually fairly famous author, whom I am friends with, wrote back (posted with her permission):
"Your stories are usually so painful to read at times, that I must put aside an hour or two because I know you are going to hit me with a hammer. This one I laughed with though the point and message of it are subtle. Knowing your other work I will admit I was disappointed because now I have to wait for the next one to have a good cry! Though Love In A Cafe is well done. I liked it because it is real and true."
Some people liked it a great deal. "Love In A Cafe" is a story with a twist, and enjoyable to read (I hope). The message is subtle though poignant.

The editors over at The Deepening had this to say:
"For a shy man, speaking to a woman is impossible. Until the impossible happens…or will it?

Editor’s Note: Be patient and read. Savor and experience. It bites...nicely, with keen edge and exquisite poignancy."
Take a look at "Love In A Cafe" and let me know if you enjoyed.

Posted On: Cobwebs Of The Mind

The Chronicles of the Children of Heaven The View From Jerusalem T3 - Teddy's Techie Tips Cobwebs Of The Mind Help! I Have A Fire In My KitchenClick For Teddy's Writing Mania


No comments: