Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Impotence Of Proofreading

The other day in a rush I sent something important out for someone else to read. (Don't you just love the anonymous something and someone!) Well, I am not revealing who or what it was, because it is not really important to this post. The fact is, I was in a rush and I was doing a few things at once. I cannot multi-task to save my life, and this was no different.

Well, I was lucky the person that received the ms. that I sent was a friend. An hour or so later they wrote back and asked me in all seriousness if I had proofread what I sent. Well I thought I did, but since I was working on a deadline with a few things, I guess I really messed up.

Instead of spelling route - I spelled root. Instead of commas for some reason semi-colons appeared. Some sentences were cut in the middle and spaces were all over the place. I was so embarrassed and learned my lesson. Never ever ever multi-task when you are editing or proofreading.

In a fit of laughing at myself I started kind of perusing things for proofreading. And I found this video below at Youtube. This is really a treasure. Enjoy it.





Posted On: Cobwebs Of The Mind


No comments: